MaxLinear's SP339 is an advanced multiprotocol transceiver supporting RS-232, RS-485, and RS-422 serial standards in a 40-pin QFN package.
Integrated cable termination and four configuration modes allow all three protocols to be used interchangeably over a single cable or connector with no additional switching components. Full operation requires only four external charge pump capacitors.
- 20 Mbps data rate in RS-485 mode and 1 Mbps in RS-232 mode for increased data throughput
- Integrated switched termination resistors for RS-485 eliminate external resistors and control relays, the largest issue with multiple protocols on a single shared connector
- ±20 V fault tolerance allows direct shorts to ±20 V, indefinitely
- Slew limited 256 kbps data rate is pin selectable for reduced EMI
- ±15 kV ESD tolerance (HBM) brings increased system robustness and eliminates the need for external ESD protection.
- Dual mode serial ports (RS-232 or RS-485)
- Industrial computers
- Process and industrial control equipment
- Point-of-sale equipment
- Networking equipment
- HVAC controls equipment
- Building security equipment